- the development of structural features of an organism or part.
- the development of form and structure in an organism during its growth from embryo to adult
- the evolutionary development of form in an organism or part of an organism
- Differentiation of cells and tissues in the early embryo which results in establishing the form and structure of the various organs and parts of the body.
- Formation of the structure of an organism or part involving differentiation and growth of tissues and organs during development.