- the act, process, or an instance of neutralizing.
- the quality or condition of being neutralized.
- Linguistics. the loss of a distinctive feature of one of a pair of phonemes that are otherwise differentiated on the basis of that feature, as the loss of voice as a distinctive feature between the -t- and -d- of latter and ladder.
n.1747, from neutralize + -ation. n.
- A reaction between an acid and a base that yields a salt and water.
- The rendering ineffective of an action or substance, such as a drug.
- The change of an acid solution to neutral by titration of an alkaline solution.
- The change of an alkaline solution to neutral by titration of an acid solution.