- a town in SE Ontario, in S Canada, NW of Toronto.
- a town in W Suffolk, in E England, E of Cambridge: horse races.
- (often lowercase) Also called Newmarket coat. a long, close-fitting coat worn in the 19th century as an overcoat by women and as a riding coat by men.
- British. the card game Michigan.
- a double-breasted waisted coat with a full skirt worn, esp for riding, in the 19th century
- a simple gambling card game
- a town in SE England, in W Suffolk: a famous horse-racing centre since the reign of James I. Pop: 16 947 (2001)