- suitable or ready for use; of use or service; at hand: I used whatever tools were available.
- readily obtainable; accessible: available resources.
- having sufficient power or efficacy; valid.
- Archaic. efficacious; profitable; advantageous.
- obtainable or accessible; capable of being made use of; at hand
- US politics derogatory suitable for public office, usually as a result of having an inoffensive characterSmith was a particularly available candidate
adj.mid-15c., “beneficial,” also “valid, effective, capable of producing the desired effect,” from avail + -able. Meaning “at one’s disposal, capable of being made use of” is recorded from 1827.