- the act of conveying; transmission; communication.
- a means of transporting, especially a vehicle, as a bus, airplane, or automobile.
- the transfer of property from one person to another.
- the instrument or document by which this is effected.
- the act of conveying
- a means of transport
- a transfer of the legal title to property
- the document effecting such a transfer
n.mid-15c., “act of conveying,” from convey + -ance. Meaning “document by which something is legally conveyed” is from 1570s; sense “means of transportation” is attested from 1590s. Related: Conveyanced; conveyancing.