verb (used with object), e·nu·mer·at·ed, e·nu·mer·at·ing.
- to mention separately as if in counting; name one by one; specify, as in a list: Let me enumerate the many flaws in your hypothesis.
- to ascertain the number of; count.
- (tr) to mention separately or in order; name one by one; list
- (tr) to determine the number of; count
- Canadian to compile or enter (a name or names) in a voting list for an area
v.1610s, from or modeled on Latin enumeratus, past participle of enumerare (see enumeration). Middle English had annumerate (early 15c.). Related: Enumerated; enumerating.