verb (used with object), stand·ard·ized, stand·ard·iz·ing.
- to bring to or make of an established standard size, weight, quality, strength, or the like: to standardize manufactured parts.
- to compare with or test by a standard.
- to choose or establish a standard for.
verb (used without object), stand·ard·ized, stand·ard·iz·ing.
- to become standardized.
- to make or become standard
- (tr) to test by or compare with a standard
v.1857; see standard + -ize. Related: Standardized; standardizing. v.
- To cause to conform to a standard.
- To evaluate by comparing with a standard.