- a person or thing that strikes.
- a worker who is on strike.
- the clapper in a clock that strikes the hours or rings an alarm.
- U.S. Army. a private who acts as a voluntary paid servant to a commissioned officer.
- U.S. Navy. an enlisted person in training for a specific technical rating.
- a person who strikes fish, whales, etc., with a spear or harpoon.
- Whaling. a harpoon.
- Soccer. one of the attacking forwards.
- cricket the batsman who is not facing the bowling
- a person who is on strike
- the hammer in a timepiece that rings a bell or alarm
- any part in a mechanical device that strikes something, such as the firing pin of a gun
- soccer informal an attacking player, esp one who generally positions himself near his opponent’s goal in the hope of scoring
- cricket the batsman who is about to play a ball
- a person who harpoons whales or fish
- the harpoon itself