- pertaining to biology.
- of or relating to the products and operations of applied biology: a biological test.
- Pharmacology. any substance, as a serum or vaccine, derived from animal products or other biological sources and used to treat or prevent disease.
- not related by birthnonbiological mother
- (of a detergent) not containing enzymes said to be capable of removing stains of organic origin from items to be washed
- not of or relating to biology
- of or relating to biology
- (of a detergent) containing enzymes said to be capable of removing stains of organic origin from items to be washed
- (usually plural) a drug, such as a vaccine, that is derived from a living organism
adj.1840, from biology + -ical. Biological clock attested from 1955; not especially of human reproductive urges until c.1991. Related: Biologically. adj.
- Of, relating to, caused by, or affecting life or living organisms.
- Having to do with biology.
- Related by blood, as in a child’s biological parents.