- of no recognized, definite, or particular type or kind: a nondescript novel; a nondescript color.
- undistinguished or uninteresting; dull or insipid: The private detective deliberately wore nondescript clothes.
- a person or a thing of no particular or notable type or kind.
- lacking distinct or individual characteristics; having no outstanding features
- a nondescript person or thing
adj.1680s, “not hitherto described,” in scientific usage, coined from non- + Latin descriptus, past participle of describere (see describe). General sense of “not easily described or classified” is from 1806.