- differentiating; analytical.
- noting differences or distinctions with nicety; discerning; perspicacious: a discriminating interpreter of events.
- having excellent taste or judgment: a discriminating interior designer.
- differential, as a tariff.
- possessing distinctive features; capable of being differentiated; discriminative.
- able to see fine distinctions and differences
- discerning in matters of taste
- (of a tariff, import duty, etc) levied at differential rates in order to favour or discourage imports or exports
adj.“possessing discernment,” 1792, present participle adjective from discriminate (v.).