- capable of being expended.
- (of an item of equipment or supply) consumed in use or not reusable.
- considered to be not worth keeping or maintaining.
- Military. (of personnel, equipment, or supplies) capable of being sacrificed in order to accomplish a military objective.
- Usually expendables. an expendable person or thing.
- that may be expended or used up
- not essential; not worth preserving
- able to be sacrificed to achieve an objective, esp a military one
- something that is expendable
adj.1805, from expend + -able.