- pertaining to or involving surgery or surgeons.
- used in surgery.
- characterized by extreme precision or incisiveness: a surgical air strike against enemy targets.
- not of, relating to, involving, or used in surgery
- of, relating to, involving, or used in surgery
- (of an action) performed with extreme precisiona surgical air attack on the missile complex
adj.1770, alteration of chirurgical; see surgery + -ical. Related: Surgically. surgical strike: There is no such thing. Don’t use unless in a quote, then question what that means. [Isaac Cubillos, “Military Reporters Stylebook and Reference Guide,” 2010] adj.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of surgeons or surgery.
- Used in surgery.
- Resulting from or occurring after surgery.