- pertaining to a symptom or symptoms.
- of the nature of or constituting a symptom; indicative (often fol by of): a condition symptomatic of cholera; a disagreement that was symptomatic of the deterioration in their relationship.
- according to symptoms: a symptomatic classification of disease.
- (often foll by of) being a symptom; indicativesymptomatic of insanity
- of or relating to a symptom or symptoms
- according to symptomsa symptomatic analysis of a case
adj.1690s, from French symptomatique or directly from Late Latin symptomaticus, from symptomat-, stem of symptoma (see symptom). Related: Symptomatical (1580s). adj.
- Of, relating to, or based on symptoms.
- Constituting a symptom, as of a disease.