noun Also nose dive.
- a plunge of an aircraft with the forward part pointing downward.
- a sudden sharp drop or rapid decline: a time when market values were in a nosedive.
verb (used without object), nose·dived or nose·dove, nose·dived, nose·div·ing. Also nose-dive.
- to go into a nosedive: a warning that prices might nosedive.
- a sudden plunge with the nose or front pointing downwards, esp of an aircraft
- informal a sudden drop or sharp declineprices took a nose dive
- to perform or cause to perform a nose dive
- (intr) informal to drop suddenly