noun, plural ob·sti·na·cies for 5.
- the quality or state of being obstinate; stubbornness.
- unyielding or stubborn adherence to one’s purpose, opinion, etc.
- stubborn persistence: The garrison fought on with incredible obstinacy.
- resistance to cure, relief, or treatment, as a disease.
- an instance of being obstinate; an obstinate act, viewpoint, etc.
noun plural -cies
- the state or quality of being obstinate
- an obstinate act, attitude, etc
n.late 14c., from Medieval Latin obstinatia, from obstinatus (see obstinate).