- a type of punk rock featuring violent, racist lyrics, associated especially with skinheads.
- opportunistic infection.
- (used to express dismay, pain, annoyance, grief, etc.)
- British a cry used to attract attention, esp in an aggressive way
- of or relating to a form of punk rock popular esp among skinheads in the late 1970s and 1980s
noun plural oi
- NZ another name for grey-faced petrel
1962, vulgar or working class pronunciation of hoy a call or shout to attract attention. Yiddish exclamation of dismay, 1892, American English. Extended form oy vey (1959) includes Yiddish vey, from German Weh “woe” (see woe).