- onto or in the direction of the shore from a body of water: a breeze blowing onshore.
- in or on a body of water, close to or parallel with the shore: to sail a boat onshore.
- on land, especially within the area adjoining a port; ashore: to land and shop onshore.
- moving or proceeding toward shore or onto land from a body of water: an onshore breeze.
- located on or close to the shore: an onshore lighthouse; an onshore buoy.
- done or taking place on land: onshore liberty for the crew.
- towards the landan onshore gale
- on land; not at sea