- of, relating to, or applying optics or the principles of optics.
- constructed to assist sight or to correct defects in vision.
- of or relating to sight or vision; visual.
- of or relating to the eye.
- of or relating to an optician or opticians or to their products, especially eyeglasses: an optical service.
- dealing with or skilled in optics.
- opticals. optical effects.
plural noun Movies, Television.
- special visual effects, as the wipe or dissolve, created in the camera or especially in a film laboratory by technicians using complex optical and electronic equipment.
- of, relating to, producing, or involving light
- of or relating to the eye or to the sense of sight; optic
- (esp of a lens) aiding vision or correcting a visual disorder
adj.1560s, from optic + -al (1). Of abstract art, from 1964. Related: Optically.
- Relating to vision or the eyes.
- Relating to optics.
- Relating to or using visible light.