- plural of os1.
- a mountain in E Greece, in Thessaly. 6490 feet (1978 meters).
noun, plural os·sa [os–uh] /ˈɒs ə/.
- Anatomy, Zoology. a bone.
noun, plural o·ra [awr–uh, ohr–uh] /ˈɔr ə, ˈoʊr ə/.
- Anatomy, Zoology. a mouth or orifice of the body.
noun, plural o·sar [oh-sahr] /ˈoʊ sɑr/.
- Geology. an esker, especially when of great length.
- the plural of os 2
- a mountain in NE Greece, in E Thessaly: famous in mythology for the attempt of the twin giants, Otus and Ephialtes, to reach heaven by piling Ossa on Olympus and Pelion on Ossa. Height: 1978 m (6489 ft)
the chemical symbol for
- Old School
- Old Style (method of reckoning dates)
- Ordinary Seaman
- (in Britain) Ordnance Survey
- Old Saxon (language)
noun plural ossa (ˈɒsə)
- anatomy the technical name for bone
noun plural ora (ˈɔːrə)
- anatomy zoology a mouth or mouthlike part or opening
noun plural osar (ˈəʊsɑː)
- another name for esker
- The symbol for the elementosmium
- oculus sinister (left eye)
- The symbol for osmium.