- gone out of style; no longer fashionable: outmoded styles.
- not acceptable by present standards; no longer usable; obsolete: outmoded dwellings; outmoded teaching methods.
verb (used with object), out·mod·ed, out·mod·ing.
- to cause (something) to go out of style or become obsolete.
verb (used without object), out·mod·ed, out·mod·ing.
- to go out of style or become obsolete.
- no longer fashionable or widely accepted
- no longer practical or usable
adj.“no longer in fashion, out of date,” 1894, from out + mode (q.v.); perhaps formed on model of French démoder.