- simple past tense of outgo.
noun, plural out·goes.
- the act or process of going out: Her illness occasioned a tremendous outgo of affectionate concern.
- money paid out; expenditure: a record of income and outgo.
- something that goes out; outflow: The outgo of electrical energy had to be increased.
verb (used with object), out·went, out·gone, out·go·ing.
- to go beyond; outdistance: to outgo the minimum rquirements.
- to surpass, excel, or outdo: Each child was encouraged to outgo the others.
- Archaic. to go faster than; excel in speed.
verb (ˌaʊtˈɡəʊ) -goes, -going, -went or -gone
- (tr) to exceed or outstrip
- cost; outgoings; outlay
- something that goes out; outflow