- the act of conforming, acquiescing, or yielding.
- a tendency to yield readily to others, especially in a weak and subservient way.
- conformity; accordance: in compliance with orders.
- cooperation or obedience: Compliance with the law is expected of all.
- the strain of an elastic body expressed as a function of the force producing the strain.
- a coefficient expressing the responsiveness of a mechanical system to a periodic force.
- the act of complying; acquiescence
- a disposition to yield to or comply with others
- a measure of the ability of a mechanical system to respond to an applied vibrating force, expressed as the reciprocal of the system’s stiffnessSymbol: C
n.1640s, from comply + -ance. Related: Compliancy. n.
- A measure of the ease with which a structure or substance may be deformed, especially a measure of the ease with which a hollow organ may be distended.
- The degree of constancy and accuracy with which a patient follows a prescribed regimen, as distinguished from adherence or maintenance.