adjective, fuss·i·er, fuss·i·est.
- excessively busy with trifles; anxious or particular about petty details.
- hard to satisfy or please: a fussy eater.
- (of clothes, decoration, etc.) elaborately made, trimmed, or decorated: All the bric-a-brac gave the room a fussy, cluttered look.
- full of details, especially in excess: His writing is so fussy I lose the thread of the story.
adjective fussier or fussiest
- inclined to fuss over minor points
- very particular about detail
- characterized by overelaborate detailthe furniture was too fussy to be elegant
adj.1831, from fuss (n.) + -y (2). Related: Fussily; fussiness.