- stuffed or filled to excess.
- Furniture. having the entire frame covered by stuffing and upholstery, so that only decorative woodwork or the like is exposed: an overstuffed sofa.
- filled with tedious or extraneous material; overlong: an overstuffed biography.
- obese; corpulent: an overstuffed man who was a compulsive eater.
verb (used with object)
- to force too much into: If you overstuff your suitcase, the fastenings may not hold.
- Furniture. to cover completely with deep upholstery.
- to force too much into
- to cover (furniture) entirely with upholstery
adj.also overstuffed, of furniture, “completely covered with a thick layer of stuffing,” 1883, from over- + past participle of stuff (v.).