- unlisted on or not part of an organized securities exchange: over-the-counter stocks; the over-the-counter market. Abbreviation: OTC
- Pharmacology. sold legally without a doctor’s prescription: over-the-counter drugs. Abbreviation: OTC
- not transacted through an organized securities exchange; directly to the buyer or from the seller: He sold his stocks over the counter.
- Pharmacology. without a doctor’s prescription but within the law.
- (of securities) not listed or quoted on a stock exchange
- (of a security market) dealing in such securities
- (of security transactions) conducted through a broker’s office directly between purchaser and seller and not on a stock exchange
- (of medicinal drugs) able to be sold without a prescriptionAbbreviation: OTC Compare ortho- (def. 5)
- That can be sold legally without a doctor’s prescription.