- of or relating to the drama.
- employing the form or manner of the drama.
- characteristic of or appropriate to the drama, especially in involving conflict or contrast; vivid; moving: dramatic colors; a dramatic speech.
- highly effective; striking: The silence following his impassioned speech was dramatic.
- of or relating to drama
- like a drama in suddenness, emotional impact, etc
- striking; effective
- acting or performed in a flamboyant way
- music (of a voice) powerful and marked by histrionic quality
adj.1580s, from Late Latin dramaticus, from Greek dramatikos “pertaining to plays,” from drama (genitive dramatos; see drama). Meaning “full of action and striking display, fit for a drama” is from 1725. Dramatic irony is recorded from 1907. Related: Dramatical; dramatically.