verb (used with object)
- Printing. to print additional material or another color on a form or sheet previously printed.
- Printing. a quantity of printing in excess of that desired; overrun.
- any word, inscription, or device written or printed on the face of a stamp that alters, limits, or describes its use, place of issue, or character.
- a stamp so marked.
- (tr) to print (additional matter or another colour) on a sheet of paper
- additional matter or another colour printed onto a previously printed sheet
- additional matter, other than a change in face value, applied to a finished postage stamp by printing, stamping, etcSee also surcharge (def. 5), provisional (def. 2)