- shaped like an open palm or like a hand with the fingers extended, as a leaf or an antler.
- Botany. having four or more lobes or leaflets radiating from a single point.
- Zoology. web-footed.
- decorated with palmettes.
- (in furniture of the 17th century) having bands of semicircles enclosing a radiating leaf form.
- shaped like an open handpalmate antlers
- botany having more than three lobes or segments that spread out from a common pointpalmate leaves
- (of the feet of most water birds) having three toes connected by a web
- Having a shape similar to that of a hand with the fingers extended.
- Having a shape similar to that of a hand with the fingers extended. Some kinds of coral and the antlers of moose and certain deer are palmate.
- Having three or more veins, leaflets, or lobes radiating from one point. Maples have palmately lobed leaves.
- Having webbed toes. The feet of many swimming and diving birds are palmate.