- readily or plainly seen, heard, perceived, etc.; obvious; evident: a palpable lie; palpable absurdity.
- capable of being touched or felt; tangible.
- Medicine/Medical. perceptible by palpation.
- (usually prenominal) easily perceived by the senses or the mind; obviousthe excuse was a palpable lie
- capable of being touched; tangible
- med capable of being discerned by the sense of toucha palpable tumour
adj.late 14c., “that can be touched,” from Late Latin palpabilis “that may be touched or felt,” from Latin palpare “touch gently, stroke” (see feel (v.)). Figurative sense of “easily perceived, evident” also is from late 14c. Related: Palpably. n.
- Perceptible to touch; capable of being palpated.
- Evident; obvious.