- Also called paratyphoid fever. an infectious disease, similar in some of its symptoms to typhoid fever but usually milder, caused by any of several bacilli of the genus Salmonella other than S. typhi.
- of or relating to paratyphoid.
- resembling typhoid.
- pathol a disease resembling but less severe than typhoid fever, characterized by chills, headache, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea, caused by bacteria of the genus Salmonella
- resembling typhoid fever or its causative agent
- of or relating to paratyphoid fever
- See paratyphoid fever
- An acute intestinal disease, similar to typhoid fever but less severe, caused by food contaminated with bacteria of the genus Salmonella.enteric fever
- Resembling typhoid.