- any of various plasters or roughcasts for covering walls or other surfaces, especially a mortar of lime, hair, and cow dung for lining chimney flues.
- pargeting(defs 2, 3).
verb (used with object), par·get·ed, par·get·ing or (especially British) par·get·ted, par·get·ting.
- to cover or decorate with parget or pargeting.
- Also called: pargeting
- plaster, mortar, etc, used to line chimney flues or cover walls
- plasterwork that has incised ornamental patterns
- another name for gypsum
- to cover or decorate with parget