- employed to work, used, expected to function, etc., less than the usual or full time: a part-time clerk.
- lasting, requiring, or being in force only a part of the time: part-time employment; part-time jobs.
- on a part-time basis: to work part-time.
- a period of time that is less than the usual or full time.
- for less than the entire time appropriate to an activitya part-time job; a part-time waitress
adverb part time
- on a part-time basishe works part time
adj.also parttime, 1891, from part (n.) + time (n.). Related: Part-timer.