- a stiff, firm board made of sheets of paper pasted or layers of paper pulp pressed together.
- Older Slang. a card, as a visiting card or a playing card.
- Older Slang. a ticket, as for the theater.
- made of pasteboard.
- unsubstantial, flimsy, or sham.
- a stiff board formed from layers of paper or pulp pasted together, esp as used in bookbinding
- (as modifier)a pasteboard book cover
- slang a card or ticket
- flimsy; insubstantial
- sham; fake
n.1540s, from paste (n.) + board (n.1). So called because it is made of sheets of paper pasted together.