- allowing the maximum passage of light, as glass; translucent.
- clear or limpid: pellucid waters.
- clear in meaning, expression, or style: a pellucid way of writing.
- transparent or translucent
- extremely clear in style and meaning; limpid
adj.“transparent, translucent,” 1610s, from Latin pellucidus “transparent,” from pellucere “shine through,” from per- “through” (see per) + lucere “to shine” (see light (n.)). Related: Pellucidly; pellucidity. adj.
- Admitting the passage of light; transparent or translucent.