- Charles,1757–1824, American Revolutionary leader and politician: senator 1798–1801.
- Charles Cotes·worth [kohts-wurth] /ˈkoʊts wɜrθ/, 1746–1825, and his brother Thomas, 1750–1828, American patriots and statesmen.
- Charles. 1757–1824, US statesman, who was a leading member of the convention that framed the US Constitution (1787)
- his cousin, Charles Cotesworth. 1746–1825, US soldier, statesman, and diplomat, who also served at the Constitutional Convention
- his brother, Thomas. 1750–1828, US soldier and politician. He was US minister to Britain (1792–96) and special envoy to Spain (1795–96)