- the point of a pin.
- a trifle; pinhead.
- a tiny spot or sharp point.
verb (used with object)
- to locate or describe exactly or precisely: to pinpoint the problem.
- exact; precise: pinpoint accuracy.
- to locate or identify exactlyto pinpoint a problem; to pinpoint a place on a map
- an insignificant or trifling thing
- the point of a pin
- (modifier) exacta pinpoint aim
n.also pin-point, “point of a pin,” 1849, from pin (n.) + point (n.). Taken into aeronautics in sense “place identified from the air,” hence verb meaning “locate precisely” (1917), which originally was aviators’ slang. Related: Pinpointed; pinpointing. As an adjective, “performed with precisional accuracy,” 1944, originally of aerial bombing.