- the farthest point to which the rails of a railroad have been laid.
- the upper part of a rail, used for supporting and guiding the wheels of railroad cars.
- a railroad depot at which supplies are unloaded to be distributed or forwarded by truck or other means.
- a terminal of a railway
- the farthest point reached by completed track on an unfinished railway
- military the point at which material and personnel are transferred from rail to another conveyance
- the upper part of a railway rail, on which the traffic wheels run