- an act or instance of employing someone or something.
- the state of being employed; employ; service: to begin or terminate employment.
- an occupation by which a person earns a living; work; business.
- the total number of people gainfully employed or working.
- an activity or the like that occupies a person’s time: She found knitting a comforting employment for her idle hours.
- the act or an instance of employing or being employed again
- the act of employing or state of being employed
- the work or occupation in which a person is employed
- the purpose for which something is used