- the act of measuring.
- a measured dimension.
- extent, size, etc., ascertained by measuring.
- a system of measuring or measures: liquid measurement.
- the act or process of measuring
- an amount, extent, or size determined by measuring
- a system of measures based on a particular standard
- A method of determining quantity, capacity, or dimension. Several systems of measurement exist, each one comprising units whose amounts have been arbitrarily set and agreed upon by specific groups. While the United States Customary System remains the most commonly used system of measurement in the United States, the International System is accepted all over the world as the standard system for use in science.