- an everyday manufactured object, as a bottle rack, a snow shovel, a urinal, or a comb, that may by the creative act of selection and designation by an artist attain status as a work of art: associated almost exclusively with the aesthetic activities of Marcel Duchamp during the period 1915 to 1917.
- made in advance for sale to any purchaser, rather than to order: a ready-made coat.
- made for immediate use.
- unoriginal; conventional.
- something that is ready-made, as a garment or a piece of furniture or equipment.
- made for purchase and immediate use by any customera ready-made jacket
- extremely convenient or ideally suiteda ready-made solution
- unoriginal or conventionalready-made phrases
- a ready-made article, esp a garment