- a deer, Cervus elaphus, of Europe and Asia, having a reddish-brown summer coat.
- the white-tailed deer, Odocoileus virginianus, in its summer coat.
- a city in S central Alberta, in W Canada.
- a large deer, Cervus elaphus, formerly widely distributed in the woodlands of Europe and Asia. The coat is reddish brown in summer and the short tail is surrounded by a patch of light-coloured hair
- a town in S Alberta on the Red Deer River: trade centre for mixed farming, dairying region, and natural gas processing. Pop: 67 707 (2001)
- a river in W Canada, in SW Alberta, flowing southeast into the South Saskatchewan River. Length: about 620 km (385 miles)
- a river in W Canada, flowing east through Red Deer Lake into Lake Winnipegosis. Length: about 225 km (140 miles)