- a sliding, lidless, horizontal compartment, as in a piece of furniture, that may be drawn out in order to gain access to it.
- drawers, (used with a plural verb) an undergarment, with legs, that covers the lower part of the body.
- a person or thing that draws.
- Finance. a person who draws an order, draft, or bill of exchange.
- Metalworking. a person who operates a drawbench.
- a tapster.
- a person or thing that draws, esp a draughtsman
- a person who draws a chequeSee draw (def. 15)
- a person who draws up a commercial paper
- archaic a person who draws beer, etc, in a bar
- (drɔː) a boxlike container in a chest, table, etc, made for sliding in and out
mid-14c., agent noun from draw (v.). Attested from 1570s in sense of a box that can be “drawn” out of a cabinet.
see top drawer.