- something that refreshes, especially food or drink.
- refreshments, articles or portions of food or drink, especially for a light meal.
- the act of refreshing or the state of being refreshed.
- the act of refreshing or the state of being refreshed
- (plural) snacks and drinks served as a light meal
late 14c., “act or fact of refreshing,” originally mental and spiritual, from Old French refreschement (Modern French rafraîchissement, from refreschier (see refresh). Refreshments, of food and drink only, from 1660s.