- a mode or system of rule or government: a dictatorial regime.
- a ruling or prevailing system.
- a government in power.
- the period during which a particular government or ruling system is in power.
- Medicine/Medical. regimen(def 1).
- a system of government or a particular administrationa fascist regime; the regime of Fidel Castro
- a social system or order
- med another word for regimen (def. 1)
“system of government or rule,” 1792, from French régime, from Old French regimen (14c.), from Latin regimen “rule, guidance, government, means of guidance, rudder,” from regere (see regal). Earlier “course of diet, exercise,” late 15c. In French, l’ancien régime refers to the system of government before the revolution of 1789.
- A regulated system, as of diet and exercise; a regimen.
An administration, or a system of managing government.