- Medicine/Medical. a regulated course, as of diet, exercise, or manner of living, intended to preserve or restore health or to attain some result.
- regime(defs 1, 2).
- Grammar. government(def 9).
- Also called: regime a systematic way of life or course of therapy, often including exercise and a recommended diet
- administration or rule
c.1400, medical, “course of diet, exercise, etc. for sake of health;” mid-15c., “act of governing,” from Old French regimen (14c.), from Latin regimen “rule, guidance, government, means of guidance, rudder,” from regere “to rule” (see regal).
- A regulated system, as of diet, therapy, or exercise, intended to promote health or achieve another beneficial effect.
- A course of intense physical training.