verb (used with object), re·kin·dled, re·kin·dling.
- to excite, stir up, or rouse anew: efforts to rekindle their romance; comments that rekindled her anger.
- to cause to begin burning again; ignite again: Never use gasoline to rekindle a fire.
verb (used without object), re·kin·dled, re·kin·dling.
- to begin to burn again; ignite again: She is worried about a fire rekindling.
- to arouse or cause to be aroused againrekindle the romance in your relationship
- to set alight or start to burn again