verb (used with object), min·er·al·ized, min·er·al·iz·ing.
- to convert into a mineral substance.
- to transform (a metal) into an ore.
- to impregnate or supply with mineral substances.
verb (used without object), min·er·al·ized, min·er·al·iz·ing.
- to study or collect the minerals of a region.
- to impregnate (organic matter, water, etc) with a mineral substance
- to convert (such matter) into a mineral; petrify
- (of gases, vapours, etc, in magma) to transform (a metal) into an ore
- The restoration of lost mineral constituents to the body, especially to bone.