- the principle or operation by which a person who enters on an estate by a defective title, and who previously had an earlier and more valid title to it, is adjudged to hold it by the earlier and more valid one.
- the act of remitting a case to another court for decision.
- restoration, as to a former right or condition.
- Also re·mit·tor. a person or company that remits or makes a remittance.
- Also: remittor a person who remits
- property law the principle by which a person out of possession of land to which he or she had a good title is adjudged to regain this when he or she again enters into possession of the land