verb (used with object)
- to plant again.
- to cover again with plants, sow with seeds, etc.: After the drought, we had to replant the south lawn.
- to transfer (a plant) from one soil or container to another.
- Surgery. to reattach, as a severed arm, finger, or toe, especially with the use of microsurgery to reconnect nerves and blood vessels.
- to plant againshe replanted the bulbs that the dog had dug up
- to reattach (a severed limb or part) by surgery
- To reattach an organ, limb, or other body part surgically to the original site.
- An organ, limb, or body part that has been replanted.